So, once you start your own site (and if you have already, congratulations!), the next logical step is to fill it up with awesome content. Once that is done, what you want is for people to actually see what you have created. How do you do that? Well, the key is Keywords! Keywords are the words that are used to help people find content online. Every time you are punching something in to Google, Bing, or whatever you prefer, you are using keywords. Pretty simply, right? Here’s an excellent keyword tool called Jaaxy:
So, if your dog gets sprayed by a skunk (I’m so sorry…), you might go to Google and punch in the keywords best way to remove skunk spray from dogs. Based on those words, Google is going to hook you up with some sites that will hopefully have what you need.
By using a keyword tool like Jaaxy, you are able to find out which keywords people are using to look stuff up.
Why Do I Need Keywords?
So, imagine that you just wrote an article that you are really proud of, and you can’t wait to see how people respond… you are anxious to read their comments and start interacting. Fantastic! Only, what happens if people can’t find your post? How will they know what great information you have for them?
It’s the keywords that bring people to you.
Keywords tools like Jaaxy can give you information on which keywords are popular, how many people are searching for them and how much traffic (IE visitors to your site) they can bring you. This is important because you want to be easily found. You want people to punch in a search and be directed to you, not someone else.
With a little bit of research and a good keyword tool, you are going to reach more people and have much more traffic to your site.
How Does Jaaxy Work?
There are a few key points to look at when researching your keywords. We’ll look at each column of the image below, going left to right.
- Keyword: Here you’ll see the keyword(s) that you are looking up, as well as some variations
- AVG The number of times that this word or phrase is searched for each month. Higher is better.
- Traffic Refers to the average number of visitors to your site that you might expect if you rank on the first page of a Google search. Higher is better.
- QSR Quoted Search Results. The number of competing sites ranked in Google for this keyword. Lower is better.
- KQI Keyword Quality Indicator. Green is great, Yellow is ok, Red is poor.
- SEO Search Engine Optimization. A scale of 1-100, with 100 being best. Evaluates traffic and competition.
- Domains Available in the upgraded version of Jaaxy, this shows you available domain names related to the keyword
So using the image above, we can see that three results are green, or Great, with some variance in the amount of traffic and the number of searches. “How to Start Your Own Online Business” looks like a great bet due to the amount of traffic, but you can see that it also has high competition. By looking at all the different factors, you can determine which keyword is likely to work best for you.
Using a keyword tool like Jaaxy will help you rank with Google and in turn, you will bring more visitors to your site, which is what you will need to grow your business.
Jaaxy is one of the best, most powerful keyword tools on the market. Try it out and let me know what you think!