It has been predicted that 79 million people will start a home business over the next five years. Obviously, there are a lot of people wanting to break free from the 9-5 office jobs, or low-paying retail positions that they currently have.
Not everyone wants to start a business however. Some just want to work at home. And why not? Jobs working at home can be great. But what kind of work would you do?
What kind of jobs are available? With so many scams online, what are the legitimate ways to earn money from home?
Jobs You Can Do From Home
Probably the easiest way to get a job working at home is to work for a company that allows you to telecommute, but if you are not in that situation, what do you do? Here’s a number of jobs that you might want to look into, along with an idea of what they might pay.
- Search Engine Evaluator. Have you ever typed in a search for something online, only to get results that weren’t quite what you were looking for? Help improve search engines. Average pay: $12-$16 per hour.
- Online Teacher. Native speakers are sometimes sought out online to help teach English in other countries. If you enjoy helping others to learn, this may appeal to you. Average pay: $12-$45 per hour.
- Document Translation. Do you speak multiple languages? How are your translation skills? Put that knowledge to work for an average pay of $11-$33 per hour.
- Answering Service Worker. If you are a good communicator with a lot of patience, this may be a good match for you, at an average of $12-$14 per hour.
- Non-Medical Transcription. $10-$25 per hour. This requires certification.
- Captcha Typing. Solve captchas for your customers. Pay rate varies.
- Customer Support. Virtually every company needs customer support reps. Average of $10-$16 per hour.
- Content Writer. Love writing? Enjoy research? Produce content for blogs and websites at an average of $16-$32 per hour.
- Social Media Consultant. Be the online voice of your employer for $10-$30 per hour.
- Virtual Assistant. Handle the clerical duties of your office remotely. Average pay of $13-$18 per hour.
Bonus Work at Home Job
Any of these jobs could be precisely what you are looking for, or perhaps none of them are. Perhaps you look at the list and think that they aren’t much different from any other job: you go to work, spending your time and effort for the benefit of your employer. Sure there are perks, but maybe you want more?
If you think that you would like to work at home, but prefer the notion of having all your work benefit you directly, then consider affiliate marketing. Virtually every business can benefit from affiliate marketing and it is a rapidly-growing profession.
Want to find out how to be your own boss? Learn from the world leaders in affiliate marketing.
Are you already working from home? I’d love to hear from you. Share your experiences below!
Want to learn how to make your own website? I can help. Learn how to build your site, rank it with Google, and become an affiliate to earn money while blogging about something you love. I’ll be there to help you, as will one of the most amazing communities online.